Get Licensed, Become a Driver
411 CDL Training program offers Class A CDL certification through a rigorous and hands-on learning experience with the top instructors in the industry.
Students that complete 411 CDL training have the opportunity for immediate employment as a driver for Midwest Companies.
Get your start on a stable, in-demand career by enrolling in 411 CDL.
How it Works411 CDL Training is an affordable program that can be completed in about four weeks. While the program has a value of $5,000, please call and we can explain how you can complete the program for as little as $250 by making a commitment to full time employment for 52 weeks as a driver for Midwest Companies.
Here’s how to get started:
- Fill out an online application
- Schedule an interview by calling Nichol at (616) 997-6455 extension 218
- Submit a $250.00 deposit, which covers the cost of two drug tests, a medical examination, a criminal background check and one CDL-A road test
- Obtain a Temporary Instruction Permit (TIP) with a tanker endorsement from the Secretary of State before the first day of class. (This will require passing four written tests in General Knowledge, Air Brakes, Combination Vehicles and Tanker)
- Start class
- Be over 21 years of age
- Pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) urine drug test and a Non-DOT hair test
- Obtain a Medical Examiner’s Certificate and pass a physical agility test
- Obtain a temporary CDL learner’s permit prior to the first day of class
- Have a clear driving record. (Violations, if any, must be cleared by Midwest.)
- Have verbal and written English fluency
- Be willing to learn and ready to succeed
- Health, vision, and dental insurance after two full calendar months
- 401(k) saving plan (after 90 days)
- Company paid life insurance of $15k
- Weekly direct deposit
- Monthly safety bonus (based on safe driving scores and the miles driven that month)